Lenalidomide 10 mg capsules
Lenalidomide 10 mg is a drug that is actively used in oncology. It’s an anticancer drug with immunomodulatory effect. Revlimid is an immunomodulator of a new generation, which not only stimulates the immune system but also inhibits angiogenesis. You can buy lenalidomide capsules 10mg online and the lowest price in India.
Composition and release form:
The active ingredient lenalidomide in the amount of 5, 10, 15, 25 mg in one capsule is part of the preparation Revlimid. One cardboard pack contains 21 tablets of Revlimid (5, 10, 15 or 25 mg each). Tablets are presented in the form of hard gelatin capsules of white color, have a cylindrical shape, and are also labeled with the number of mg of the active substance contained (“5 mg”, “10mg”, “15 mg” or “25 mg”).
Auxiliary components in Lenalidomide capsules 10mg: lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide, gelatin, black ink, ethanol, butanol, isopropanol, propylene glycol, water, aqueous ammonia, potassium hydroxide, black iron dye oxide.
The mechanism of action of Revlimid is to inhibit the secretion of proinflammatory cytokines. The drug belongs to the category of immunomodulatory drugs. At the same time, it has not only an immunomodulatory effect but also an antiangiogenic effect. Lenalidomide, reviews of which are positive, reduces the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines, in particular, interleukin1β, interleukin 6 and interleukin 12, and tumor necrosis factor α. At the same time, the Revlimid manual contains information that this remedy increases the production of anti-inflammatory factors, such as interleukin 10.
Also, the drug Lenalidomide 10 mg significantly inhibits the proliferation of T-lymphocytes and increases the production of IL-2, as well as interferon. At the same time, it increases the cytostatic activity of its own cells – T-killers.
The anticancer drug Revlimid inhibits proliferative processes in various lines of hematopoietic malignant neoplasms. A greater effect on the background of the drug is observed in the presence of tumors with cytogenetic defects of chromosome 5. In addition, Revlimid, the price of which is reasonable, promotes the expression of fetal hemoglobin.
Lenalidomide 10 mg also inhibits angiogenesis, which is caused by the formation of microscopic diameter vessels and endothelial channels, and also blocks the movement of endothelial angiogenesis cells in vitro. In addition, the drug inhibits the formation of proangiogenic vascular endothelial growth factor. Revlimid, which is generally good reviews, contributes to blocking angiogenesis. Thus, it inhibits the creation of microvessels and endothelium channels. Revlimid promotes inhibition of the production of pro-angiogenic vascular endothelial factor. The safety and effectiveness of Revlimid, reviews of which can be read on the forums, has been repeatedly confirmed by the results of large-scale studies. In these studies, Revlimid was taken together with dexamethasone. By all measures, including efficacy and safety,
In oncology, the drug Lenalidomide 10 mg is used simultaneously (as part of a combination) with dexamethasone for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma, who were given at least one line of therapy.
The drug Lenalidomide contraindicated:
- during pregnancy and lactation; in reproductive age (the only exception is situations in which all the mandatory conditions of the pregnancy prevention program are observed);
- in the absence of the possibility or complete inability to comply with measures to prevent pregnancy;
- Childhood (there is no clinical confirmation of the use of this tool in children);
- with genetic lactose intolerance, low lactose in the body or impaired glucose-lactose absorption;
- individual hypersensitivity to the active substance – lenalidomide.
It is necessary to use lenalidomide 10 mg with extreme caution in patients in old age, in patients with severe kidney disease, as well as in patients with multiple myeloma who take dexametozon at the same time, as these drugs have erythropoietic activity. You should be careful when taking hormonal drugs, as the combined use may increase the risk of thrombosis.
Taking the drug Revlimid can cause such side effects as muscle weakness, decreased the neutrophil count in the blood test, general weakness, constipation, muscle cramps, decreased platelet count in the blood, anemic syndrome, upset stool, and rash.
The most frequently encountered severe side effects with Lenalidomide 10 mg intake are:
- Cardiovascular disorders – atrial fibrillation, tachycardia, venous thrombosis (deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary thromboembolism), hypertensive or hypotonic crises, myocardial dysfunction;
- On the part of the blood-forming organs, a decrease in the number of neutrophils of high severity, pancytopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemic syndrome, increased white blood cell count, hemolysis;
- Violations of the hearing and vestibular apparatus – dizziness, hearing loss, tinnitus, pain or itching in the ears;
Disorders in the endocrine system – Cushing’s syndrome, hypothyroidism, adrenal insufficiency, increased androgenic hair growth;
- Ophthalmologic disorders – visual impairment, cataract development, increased tearing, retinal thrombosis, eye hyperemia, conjunctivitis inflammation;
- Disorders of the digestive system – constipation, nausea, vomiting, upset stool, pain in the epigastric zone, bloating, bleeding, gingivitis, stomatitis, gastroduodenitis, colitis;
- Infectious diseases and invasions – pneumonia, infections of the upper and lower parts of the respiratory system, sinusitis, meningitis, herpes infections, and others;
- Disorders in laboratory tests – reducing the level of glucose, potassium, albumin, sodium, phosphate, magnesium, increasing the activity of alkaline phosphatase, ALT, increasing urea and creatinine.
There is a limited amount of data on overdose with Lenalidomide. When taking a significant amount of this drug, only hematological disorders are found, since the drug has a toxic effect on the hematopoietic system. If overdose symptoms develop, symptomatic supportive therapy should be taken.
Lenalidomide 10 mg cost & availability
The approximate price of Lenalidomide 10 mg for one package, depending on the dosage of the active ingredient is approximately Lenalidomide 10 mg price in India 8000 to 6000 INR and Free Shipping.
Mode of application:
Lenalidomide capsules 10mg need to be taken inside, without first breaking and chewing. Take the drug should be strictly at the same time before or after meals, with a glass of water.
At the same time, Dexametozon starts to be taken from the initial dosage of 40 mg once a day from the 1st to the 4th day, from the 9th to the 12th day and from the 17th to the 20th day each during the first four cycles and then 40 mg once a day from the 1st to the 4th day of each next cycle consisting of 28 days.